Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Not-So-Busy-Days

As Heidi is traveling, I have come to understand what it is really like to be a photographer. I think a lot of the time people (including myself) imagine photographers just taking pictures and that's it. But that is not the case. On Thursday and Friday I spent several hours just taking pictures and editing. As I was editing I found myself thinking "so this is what a photographer does". As a photographer, our job is to not only capture a simple moment in life, but, as Heidi puts it, we want to give them (the client) the best version of themselves. Editing is equally as important as the photo. Editing allows you to fix the not-so-perfect parts of a person and, more importantly, allows you to convey a tone and emotion that sometimes the picture itself cannot express. In other words, photography does not just imply taking pictures, it involves taking that single captured moment and turning it into an image that embodies the person and captures the emotion of that moment creating a photo that people are happy and proud to look back on.


No comments:

Post a Comment