Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day Eight

Today I gained a greater understanding of how Heidi's business works. She explained how the cost of her travel works, showed me the expenses of the programs she uses, explained the pricing of photos and expounded on why they prefer to have a smaller number of clients. Heidi explained to me that even though they have higher pricing than most photographers and a smaller client list, they enjoy having fewer clients and obtaining a bond or even friendship with them, rather than having a very large client list and never really getting to know them personally.  In addition she told me that she likes to take 2-3 weeks for turn-around time on her photos to ensure that she is doing her best making each photo unique so every one tells its own story and has its own emotion encompassed in it. This was really interesting and refreshing for me to hear because in our modern and fast paced society, it is so easy to lose site of why you are doing something. For Heidi she likes to slow down and take the time to remind herself why she is doing the task at hand and ensure that she is giving her clients not only the best photos, but the best of herself as well. This is something I believe we should all be reminded of and a skill I hope to improve upon as I advance in my photography and continue with my every day work at school.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” -William A. Foster

No comments:

Post a Comment