Friday, March 15, 2013

Day Nine

Today I finished working on my "logo" for my website and business card and continued taking and editing pictures. I also began to learn about how lighting works when using flash. This is a very important skill to understand because if misused, your pictures won't turn out well. There is a fill flash that lightens the shadows on the objects face which is connected to the body of the camera. However this flash tends to create unnatural and washed out tones in a photo. In addition to the fill flash, there are off-body flashes that are wirelessly connected to the camera that can be placed and moved throughout the room. These off-body flashes are more commonly used because they do not create such a harsh tone on the objects face and creates a more "balanced" look. This is just the very basic of my understanding but I hope to continue to learn more as I continue into the last week of my internship.

 

The first photo is a picture of the heart rock with a full fill flash on it. The second photo is where I used the flash but put a barrier between it and the object to bounce the light off of. When I created the barrier,  it made for a normal and balanced picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment