Monday, March 4, 2013

First Day

“Starting this day, she was no longer going to be quiet, a wallflower no more.” - Magenta Periwinkle

Today was the first day of my internship. Going into it I wasn't sure what to expect and was a little nervous. But as my mentor, Heidi, welcomed me with a big smile and hug I knew there was nothing to fear. We sat down at her kitchen table and I started showing her some of my pictures. As I shared my pictures and how I got into photography and why I liked it it so much, it led into a long conversation of where we both find our inspiration and this later led us to what type of photography Heidi enjoys taking. As she showed me the types of photos she takes and the various other types of photography out there, I began to ask myself, "where does my photography fit into this?" Although I have not found an answer to this yet, I look forward to discovering this through these next weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment